I am so excited to have you join me for my upcoming Mommy & Me Wildflower Event! Here are all the details:
- Your date & time: I will be scheduling 3 sessions per available evening, from 7-8pm. There is wiggle room on each end, but the sunset and light is important to the look of these sessions. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your time, so you are ready when I am, and the kids have a moment to check out the area, warm up and get their wiggles out a bit. If your child(ren) is just not in the mood for photos at the moment (I’m really really good, but they are in charge) I will suggest you take a few moments to relax, and I’ll move ahead with the other family and come back to yours. This backup plan has always worked, so please don’t stress!
- Location: This is a public plot of land in Eden Prairie, but I did go through the hoop-jumping to get permission from the city to click here. Please keep this location just between us, to hopefully avoid a gaggle of other photographers crowding us.
You can use this address for directions; it’s right by 494 & Valley View Road, overlooking the Holiday Gas Station area, Menards, etc. It’s a cul-du-sac, please park 2-3 car lengths shy of the circle, to avoid your car in the background of the photos. 12201 Roberts Dr, Eden Prairie, MN 55346 My mobile is 612-567-BUZZ. (if you are calling around session time I may be with another family, and won’t answer)
- Wardrobe – You are welcome to be as fancy or casual as you wish. Please be aware we are clicking in a field of wildflowers, and there may be itchweed, prickly plants, bugs (mozzies and ticks) and mud. Your feet will be -minimally-seen in these images, so wearing long tights & boots under your pretty dress is fine. I will make all attempts to pat down a safe place for kids to stand, but I’ll need your help with this. PLEASE KEEP YOUR KIDS with you on the road area, OFF the hills. They are steep and we do not want any accidents or falls.
- We will be shooting approx. 3 angles with this mini session, including a nice path just off from the hill area. In addition to Mommy & Me poses, I will try to get the kids solo, and momma solo too. I encourage you to be as natural and un-posed as you would like…. smiling at the camera here and there, but interacting with the kids, too. Big laughs, little tickles, “group hugs” with everyone’s cheeks pointed at me. Often times those moments that follow “goofy” or some dramatic over-acting are the ones you will love the most! It will feel quite fast, and you may worry if we “got the shot” – but I have done this for years, we got this! (see sample gallery below)
- Can the dads join us? Or do photos with the kids? Yes. While the focus of this special event is the beautiful love between a momma and her babies…. Those guys are important too! We will not have the time to extend the session much, but if you want a few extra clicks added to your gallery, I can make that happen! As a reminder, your session includes your choice of (2) two digital images with a print release, or (3) three gift prints. You are welcome to purchase wall & table art, or other products, as well. (Spoiler alert – you will want to budget for something special for your walls…. a larger metal print or gorgeous album/folio is a great way to remember this time with your kids. I’m a full service studio – let me help with preview samples and ordering!)
- What happens next? Summer is my busy season, but I hope to get your gallery up within 3 weeks. With my mini sessions, you are welcome to complete things online, but help at my hive is ALWAYS available to help you view & order. Remember, this needs to go beyond that quick share on Facebook, we need to PRINT WHAT IS IMPORTANT! You’ll see both “light and airy” and “colorful and moody” edits in your gallery, depending on the light at the time, and how I think the images look best. (see above) If you have a preference of one look over another we can chat about specific images once your gallery is up!
- Pssssttttttt – Weather woes? Mother Nature knows better than to mess with the Queen Bea during times like this. But if there are thunderstorms coming, (or we just got soaked) I will email or call you the day of the shoot. Again, come prepared to fight mosquitos and humidity… it’s a Minnesota Summer! Questions? Bug me!
- My best friend/sister/mom wants to do a session like this, too. Can they join me? Yes! Simply book two sessions back to back and we can cross-click all the participants. You are welcome to share THIS POST for all the information. (share on social media too! Anyone that books on your referral means FREEBIES for YOU!)
See you soon!
ps – I’m often asked if a mini session is enough time to get good photos? Below is a snapshot of this gallery before final edits. It’s all taken within about a 6 FOOT walk (3 directions, one quick dress change and baby-stripping) and there’s well over 20 images that I would be proud to print and hang in my gallery. This took a few stress-free minutes, and aside from the little one enjoying her diaper being off a BIT too much, lol, it went flawlessly. AND it was FUN! This is not my 1st rodeo folks. You’re in great hands!